Sunday 8 June 2008

Puddles

 


I made this coat a couple of years ago from an old IKEA curtain. It is really heavy cotton, lined with a super cute ladybug fabric that my MIL gave me. I love this pattern. It is an Ottobre pattern, #21 from the Spring 2005 issue. I found a great NikWax product called CottonProof and soaked the coat in it. It didn't change the handle of the fabric much, it is just slighty smoother and the waterproofing is great. I can dump an entire jug of water on this coat and it just beads off.

 


I found these photos today. The colours of the petals are so lovely. Maybe inspiration for some dyeing? Maybe not, nevertheless, they are very happy colours.

 

 

3 comments:

itsystitch said...

I love that coat, and I love that it was an ikea curtain! :D

jess said...

Those petal colors are amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Brambleberry said...

What a great jacket! And the floral confetti!! Definate inspiration.